There is always something to do in or around Chesapeake
City. Located on the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal, you feel like you
could almost reach out and touch passing ships!
MURDER MYSTERY WEEKENDS at the BLUE MAX INN
us for a fun-filled Murder Mystery weekend where guests assume the roles of
suspects, murderer's, even victims. Everyone plays detective. Check our home
page frequently for dates and specials!
Schedule of Events:
- BLUE MAX INN EVENTS - WINTER 2014
- Fri. 1/24 - Comedy Night at Chesapeake Inn
Book your room at the Blue Max Inn and receive
one FREE ticket this great three act performance.
- Sat. 2/1 - Murder Mystery: Class of '57
Join us for a fun night of murder and mystery
when Elvis was King and hula-hoops and
poodle skirts were all the rage.
- Fri. 2/7 - Charles Krug Wine Dinner at Chesapeake Inn
book your room at the Blue Max Inn and receive
one FREE ticket to this 6 course wine dinner.
- Sat. 2/8 - Valentine Tea: Come join us for a Valentine
High Tea starting at 1pm.
- Sat. 2/15 - Valentine Tea: High Tea starting at 1pm.
- Sat. 2/22 - Valentine Tea: High Tea starting at 1pm.
- Sat.2/22 - Murder Mystery: Murder at Deadwood Saloon
It's the Annual Poker Tournament at Deadwood
Saloon and with all of the gamblers, and girls,
this is guaranteed to be an interesting evening.
- Sat. 3/8 - Murder Mystery: An Unlucky Irishman
Come join the locals at their favorite pub for
an evening of scandal and of course, murder.
- Sat.3/15 - Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Sat. 3/22 - Murder Mystery: Murder at Deadwood Saloon
- Sat. 3/29 - Murder Mystery: Class of '57
- Sat. 4/5 - Murder Mystery: An Unlucky Irishman
- CHESAPEAKE CITY EVENTS
- Sat. June 30th - Canal Fest
- Fri. July 6th - Fire Works
- Sun. August 26th - Chesapeake City Car Show
- Sun. September 30th - Chesapeake City Bridal Show
- Sun. October 14th - Fall Fest
- Sat. November 17th - Pet Parade
- Sat. December 8th - Candlelight Tour
- MISS CLARE CRUISES - May - October - (410) 885-5088
Depart from original entrance of C & D Canal in S.
One Hour Sightseeing Cruises
Cruise down Back Creek into Elk River to Courthouse Point
Two Hour Sunset Cruises
Cruise down Back Creek into Elk River to Turkey Point Lighthouse
One Hour Historic Cruises and Two Hour Lighthouse Cruises
Monday - Friday (Reservations Required) - Morning, Afternoon and Evening
Saturday and Sunday
One Hour at 1:00, 2:30 and 4:00 PM (Reservations Required)
Two Hour Turkey Point Lighthouse Sunset Cruise 6-8 PM
For more information about Cecil County and regional
The C&D canal is the busiest canal in the US and the 3rd busiest in
the world, according the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Visualized in the mid
1600's by Augustine Herman as a means to connect the Chesapeake Bay and
Delaware River, construction was started in 1804. Initially, construction was sporadic
and involved some 2600 men, digging a "ditch" by hand. It was
finally "open for business" in 1829 and could accommodate mule drawn cargo and passenger barges.
Today, the canal, with it's 35' deep, 400' wide channel has grown to a
modern, electronically controlled commercial waterway that carries 40% of all
ship traffic in and out of the port of Baltimore.
The US Army Corps of Engineers maintains a museum in South Chesapeake City
with a sampling of the canal's history. Among the exhibits are the 1830 &
1852 steam engines and their 39' diameter water wheel used to pump water to the
original locks. The Corps maintains a web
site with additional information about the canal. As
this is a link to their site for your convenience, please use your browser's
BACK button to return to this page.